Ultimate Party Planning Checklist
Christmas marks the beginning of the party season! New Year’s Eve is arguably one the biggest party celebrations of the year, followed by Australia Day and not to mention the number of pool parties and outdoor gatherings celebrating the great Australian summer.
Party planning can easily get overwhelming, especially when you’re short on time, have a large number of guests, or both! So we’ve compiled some party planning checklists to help take the stress out of party planning, and help you start enjoying a great party.
Ultimate party to-do list
Everything you should consider doing for any great party.
- Set a budget
- Create a guest list
- Decide on a venue
- Pick a theme
- Send invitations at least 2-3 weeks in advance
- Plan the menu -Do a shop if self-catering, or talk to a caterer about some delicious goodies
- Decide on entertainment – this could be anything from hiring professionals to creating an awesome playlist
- Tidy up and decorate the venue
- Stock the bar – don’t’ have a bar? You can hire one!
- Notify the neighbours
- Charge camera/phone for all the happy-snaps
New Year’s Eve Party Essentials
The essential ingredients to have on hand to make your NYE one to remember
- Dance floor
- Greatest hits from the year
- A clock – don’t want to miss the big midnight countdown!
Australia Day Party Essentials
Everything you need for a classic Australia Day celebration
- Esky with plenty of ice
- Backyard cricket
- Slip n slide
- Triple J hottest 100
For party inspiration visit our inspiration room.
For tips on hiring check out our hints on hiring FAQs.
To start planning your party check out our online catalogue.